A time to reflect and give thanks for what has transpired over the past three years at the St. Dunstan's Centre for SPIRITUAL RENEWAL.
3 years of grace! Here is an update on what has been happening:
Dozens of retreats, workshops, study groups and spiritual practice gatherings have been offered since 2018 through the expansive programs. The centre has grown and continues to flourish despite challenges of adjusting to life in a pandemic. The centre has been a lighthouse for many seeking contemplation and community in times and places of darkness and storm. We praise and give thanks to God!
St. Dunstan’s Centre for SPIRITUAL RENEWAL
Growth has come through a range of events:
From large conferences (130+ participants), small contemplative prayer circles & spiritual companion groups of 3 -6 people, to 2 people meeting for spiritual direction & Anglican rite of reconciliation. Each gathering is filled with the warm embrace of God’s presence resulting in spiritual formation, intimacy with God, and lasting connections in community.
Fifteen months ago, the programs had to be adjusted to be fully on-line which was a challenge but made a way for people to stay connected to their faith formation and community life in a way that worked. Many participants were able to join from farther away; our groups are now very diverse which brings lots of energy and inspiration.
Exciting developments have resulted in Integration & transformation:
* Many people have connected to God, their spiritual life & faith communities.
* Long-timers have joined in some new spiritual practices and spiritual formation.
* Involvement from many faith communities in the Fraser Valley (and beyond) has been exciting and life-giving. Recently three parishes held Lent Study/Prayer Groups with participants from 12 different places of worship, and at a 35-person Reconciliation Retreat series, 16 churches were represented from over 9 different cities!
* Outstanding leaders have joined to facilitate events and administration; some for the very first time. It is so fun to experience people’s passions when they bring what they have been given to share with others.
* Listening Prayer ministry, one of the components of the centre, has met with 21 people (approx. 74 sessions) over the past year alone. The trained facilitators have journeyed deeply and tenderly accompanying people to truth, healing, and freedom. The Centre has developed a training course and guidebook for facilitators to learn this beautiful experiential prayer practice.
Co-ordinator & Trainer: Katherine Murray [email protected].
* Centering Prayer has developed to be offered in 4 ways:
Wed eve at 6:30pm, Fri morn at 11:30am, Monthly group, Workshops & retreats.
* Podcasts - Lauren Kirkey, VST student, joined for two school terms and created the amazing Centre for Spiritual Renewal PODCASTS FOR YOUR HEART Check them out!
Enormous thanks to: the Reverend David Taylor, Executive Director (and rector of St. Dunstan’s Parish, Langley) for his vision, insight, & contributions in many ways; the Centre Leadership Team (Katherine, Ruth, Joe, Helen, Gene, Marisa, Lesley, Ron, & Marilyn) for their facilitation, administrative assistance, and valuable support & input; the Anglican Diocese of New Westminster for their encouragement & financial contribution through the Parish Development Grant over the past three years. What joy to dream, create, wonder & work together!
New possibilities are forming for fall 2021 and January 2022! Please remember the centre work in your prayers, financial support, and feel free to jump in or try any gathering you feel led to join.
You are welcome! St. Dunstan’s Centre for SPIRITUAL RENEWAL
Update submitted by the Reverend Lorie Martin, Associate Director. [email protected].
The Mission of the Centre for SPIRITUAL RENEWAL:
“We are always seeking to be transformed by the inner working of God through study, personal prayer & spiritual practice. This Centre provides a wide variety of spiritual support & practices to help us on our Christian journey. Retreats, conferences, study groups, practitioner groups, prayer groups, spiritual direction & more are offered at the centre. We want to connect people to the nourishment that will help all grow in the grace & love of God.
The Centre for SPIRITUAL RENEWAL is a ministry for Christian Transformation.
All who desire to follow Christ & grow more in the image of God are welcome.
All who are on a spiritual journey are welcome.
All who are curious are welcome.
All who are tired and need rest are welcome.
All are welcome.