Christmas Eve is a go.
With some very important restrictions.
Due to the rise in COVID-19 cases in the province, especially the rise of the omicron variant, we are adhering to the following:
- We will maintain a 50% capacity at all services. We will also mandate at least 2 empty chairs between families. If there are no available chairs for those who attend, we have a supply of chairs we can add at necessary distances to keep to this protocol.
- We will require masks. This is an ongoing expectation by our bishop and the provincial health officer. While those presiding will remove their masks to speak, everyone will keep a mask on for the duration of the service.
- We encourage those without vaccinations to participate online. This is for your safety and wellbeing.
- We encourage those with underlying health concerns to participate online. This is the case even for those who have been vaccinated.
- We ask everyone who exhibits cold or flu-like symptoms to stay home and participate in the service online.
You are all in my prayers. This is not the Christmas celebration we have been hoping for, but it is the one God has set before us. Let us take the opportunity to keep this world in our prayers. Remember the poor, the refugee, and the sick. Reach out to those in need. Give your neighbour a call. Do good. Have courage.
And may the peace of God meet you in an extraordinary way, through Jesus Christ, our Friend, and Helper. Amen.